Chlorhexidine Disinfectant is an EPA-registered disinfectant that works against at least 60 different bacteria, fungi, yeasts, and viruses. It is non-corrosive, has minimal to no skin irritation, and retains antimicrobial activity in the presence of organic matter. Chlorhexidine’s unique binding to skin proteins provides residual activity for as long as two days.
Indications include: canine distemper virus, equine influenza virus, transmissible gastroenteritis virus, hog cholera virus, parainfluenza-3 virus, bovine rhinotracheitis virus, bovine virus diarrhea virus, infectious bronchitis virus, Newcastle virus, Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus, equine rhinopneumonitis virus, feline rhinotracheitis virus, pseudorabies virus, equine arteritis virus and canine coronavirus.
- Effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
- Provides residual effect up to 2 days
- Actions not affected by blood, pus, or soaps
- Easily dilutes with water to use as a spray
- Completely safe on all breeds of birds
- Generic formula is identical to Nolvasan solution, at a fraction of the price
- An effective disinfectant when experiencing a sickness in your loft, cage, aviary, or pen (such as coccidiosis, Newcastle Disease, PMV, E.Coli, etc).
- May also be used as a disinfectant on superficial cuts and abrasions.
Dosage for birds
To disinfect drinking water: dilute 2 teaspoons (10 ml) per gallon
As a loft, cage, aviary, or pen disinfectant: dilute 5 teaspoons (25 ml) per quart of water in spray bottle. You may spray freely.
Chlorhexidine Gluconate ……..2%